- About ACA
- SELLING ALARM ACCOUNTS
- Resource Center
- Contact Us
- Log In
ALARM CAPITAL ALLIANCE BLOG
- Awards and Recognition
- Independent Dealer Program
- Monitored Video
- Security Account Aquisitions: Full
- Security Account Aquisitions: Partial
- Security Finance & Strategy
- Security Operations
- Security Sales & Marketing
A Dealer Program Can Bring Financial Stability
Your business may be making money but that doesn’t mean it’s financially stable. In order to truly gain financial stability, your company must have the ability to withstand a temporary (or sometimes even a lengthy) problem, such as the loss of a key employee or customer, a significant drop in sales, or a cash crunch. Thinking through a variety of negative scenarios and analyzing your cash flow situation will help you determine whether or not your business is financially stable. If you find that you’re not in as solid of a position as you’d prefer, it may be time to consider a dealer program or a bulk acquisition. Finding the right dealer program can be a daunting task, but when you do; you can create a healthy, stable and growing relationship with your program provider.
Along with the up-front cash from sold accounts, take a look to see if your dealer provides the option for its members to determine how many accounts are the ideal numbers to sell. While some dealer programs have minimum requirements, others allow you to collect and keep the recurring monthly revenue (RMR) that makes sense for you. The best programs also allow customizable pricing that can create a desirable package for every customer. By having the option to sell a few, many, or all of your accounts can give your business the solid footing to continue to thrive.
In addition, a dealer program offers financial stability because your acquisition-partner will often offer:
• Comprehensive industry training that covers business operations, financial acumen, sales, marketing, funding, installation, and field service policies and assistance.
• Ancillary education to members about key industry trends as well as technological developments.
• Enhanced awareness of how to keep your customers (and yourself) in compliance with state and local laws.
• The ability to minimize money spent on truck rolls by resolving a high percentage of issues over the phone and/or from remote access to a customer’s panel.
The freedom to operate under your own brand name—AND allow you to use their customizable marketing materials, such as contracts, direct-mail pieces, apparel, and vehicle wraps to enhance your marketing efforts. Not all dealer programs do this, so make sure you thoroughly check all program offerings.
The best programs communicate with their dealers on a consistent and regular basis. Account managers are assigned to provide one-on-one portfolio management, reviewing metrics suggesting improvements, efficiencies, and best practices, thereby further enhancing a dealer’s financial stability.
“Members of ACA’s dealer program know that we are committed to consistent communication,” says SVP Business Development Jason Grelle. “We know our dealer’s businesses so well, we can help them in just about every area—whether it’s strategic or tactical.” For more information regarding ACA’s Dealer Program, please email email@example.com or request a call here.